WFES STEM VIsion
WFES is dedicated to providing students the opportunity for the exploration of new ideas while continuing student empowerment and independent problem-solving skills to maximize their individual potential.
At West Fannin Elementary we believe…
- All students and all teachers, faculty, and staff will work toward enhancing an integrated curriculum in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics at their respective grade levels.
- All stakeholders including community partners and parents play a vital role in the implementation and continuous growth of a successful STEM program.
- STEM Education and integration will promote student exploration and prepare students for the future by developing and emphasizing a variety of skills and talents.
- Teachers, faculty, and staff will encourage and support students to learn perseverance and hands-on problem-solving strategies including failures and successes.
- Ongoing professional development is a key component to the ultimate success of a STEM program that has its focus on Career Clusters / Pathways.
S tate the problem
T hink of ideas
I nvestigate and imagine
N arrow your focus
G enerate a plan